Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ethan and Santa Claus



We have been super busy today! And Happy Birthday Don! Today we got up and went to church and then we went to see Santa at Aidan and Ashton's birthday party. Ethan did great. He tried to cry when I first set him in Santa's lap but got over it really quickly. After we left the birthday party, Ethan took a nap and then we went to our neighborhood cookie swap. Craig fed Ethan a lot of marshmallows and whipped cream from the hot chocolate and Ethan loved it. Then we went to see Don to wish him a Happy Birthday. It has been a great day, but I wish Oz was home. He will be out of town for the majority of this month.
Ethan is going through a "hold me" phase. He will not walk anywhere and pitches a fit if I ask him. He wants to be held all of the time. It is hard to do with me being pregnant, but I will hold him all I can. I am going to try to enjoy every bit of having him all to myself and vice versa before the baby comes. Lately he loves being kissed, kissing me, hugs, singing, listening to Christmas music and getting "toe sugar". That is when I kiss his toes. He also loves getting stickers while I change his diapers. He will put them on his hands and shirt and then rip them off and put them on Mommy or the floor, LOL. His absolutely favorite thing to do right now is read books. He wants to sit on my lap or in his chair and look at all of his books. He will look at one for a minute and then put it down and then look at another. His favorite book right now is Hop on Pop. I gave it to him in the car today and was laughing while listening to him say "No Pat No!!". As soon as he turns to the page with Pat sitting on a Cat, he remembers what to say. Too funny. His new word today was "airplane" because he got an airplane sticker during a diaper change. He said both syllables and the only other word he can say with 2 syllables (besides Mama and Dada) is "apple" pronounced "ap poo".

2 comments:

Melissa said...

glad to see you are back to posting! I missed hearing about you and Ethan!

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

OMGosh Ceci how cute is the picture with Santa whispering in his ear!?!

Hey btw we need some belly shots soon missy!