Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ethan's Prayer

Lord I pray for Ethan’s brain that it would be healthy so you can fill it with your boundless wisdom

I Pray for Ethan’s eyes that they would be able to see you and the mighty works of your creation

I Pray for Ethan’s ears that they would hear your word and hear your praises

I Pray for Ethan’s tongue that it would be full of grace and ready to be used as your instrument

I Pray for Ethan’s lungs that they would be healthy and strong ready to shout your praises from the mountains

I Pray for Ethan’s heart that it would be strong but have more space for you to dwell

I Pray for Ethan’s shoulders that they would be big enough and strong enough to carry the burdens of his brothers and sisters in Christ as they have carried us

I Pray for Ethan’s arms and hands that they would be willing and able to do your work

I Pray for Ethan’s body and all of that is in it that it would be a temple sancitified by you

I Pray for Ethan’s legs that they would be strong enough to run the race

I Pray for Ethan’s feet that they would look to your word for direction and that they would follow in your footsteps FOREVER.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A-Men.
xoxo -
Eli's Mommy

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

I love that Ceci! It is SO true. Brought a tear to my eye reading it.

Jessica said...

What a beautiful prayer to say for your son. If we are all that lucky to have children who love God!! Way to go mom!