Well, I don't have anything special to write about today. I know there will be days when I don't write at all, but I am enjoying going over my day and that is why I am here. We went to sunday school today and then had lunch with Megan, Shauna & Krysti. Of course, Ethan was a doll baby and had a great time. When we got home we went to hang out with Gwen (Great GranNin) & Great Grandpa Don. Ethan just rolled around on a pallet on the floor having a big time.
After I nursed Ethan, before I put him to bed, I just held him in my arms adoring his little face. I have decided that I really enjoy breastfeeding. It was such a pain in the beginning and every day I wanted to be my last. But he and I totally have the hang of it and it is now a wonderful experience. Another reason I am glad I am not working now! There is no way I could pump 3x a day while at work! I would have definitely had to wean him.
Another weaning topic: I think I may finally have him weaned from the swaddle for night time. Now I just have to figure it out how to wean him during the day when I put him down for naps wide awake. He sort of freaks out with his little arms flailing about.
Oh, I bought a book about baby sign language at babiesrus. It is a very simple picture book with not many words to sign. I am going to try it with him and we will see how it goes. I have already started it even though he is too young. I have been doing the signs for Mommy, milk and I love you. Kim signed with Eli and encouraged me to try it. It will be useful and cute to watch if he can pick it up.
I am going to go wind down for the night. I wish I could crawl in his crib and curl up next to him.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh. let me know how signing goes. I am doing it with Maddie too. Something I have always wanted to do, and another reason I think I need to stay home. I am already doing it now too. Mostly cause I know I need to get in the practice. We are doing milk and dog.
Post a Comment