Saturday, October 27, 2007

Why I am blogging

Well, this is my first blog. I decided to do this after reading another mommy's blog about her daughter. She is struggling with the decision of whether or not to be a stay-at-home mom. She really misses her baby girl and it made me think of when I decided to take a little more time off to be with Ethan. I thought this would be a great idea to journal my days with my best bud! Gwen is always writing in her journal and I have been wanting to start one myself, so here I am.
I am so excited that I am spending every day with him. Going back to work was so stressful even though I loved my job. I missed him so much and couldn't take it. I had a patient come in, Rev. Alfred Sawyer of Christ Church in Atl. and he asked me how it was going being away from Ethan. I told him that I couldn't talk about it or I would start crying. He said he just thought God didn't give us Mom's our babies for other women to take care of and raise. He then said that he wanted to pray with me before I cleaned his teeth. He prayed that it would all work out for me to stay home with my son. And that was that. I decided I couldn't go back just yet. Oz is upset about the financials, but raising Ethan is the most important job to me. Not living above our means. And I plan on being with him as long as I can. Being a mom is what I have dreamt of. A stay-at-home mama. I want to be there for all of his firsts. I want to be the one to teach him how to count and teach him his ABC's. I waited too long to have him to go off and leave him when he was 3 mos. old.
Yesterday (Friday the 26th) the little man and I had a great day. I had an appt. with Dr. Daus and I swear, wherever I take him people comment on how happy and pretty he is. (And how big!) A lady in the elevator said "He is such a happy baby. That is a good reflection on you!" and it made me feel so nice. We then went and had lunch with (Great-Grandpa) Don. Ethan was a little fussy because I took him out and about so much, so he slept well last night. From 7:30 until 3:30 am. On Wednesday, he started rolling over from his back to his tummy and seems to love it. He has slept so much better on his tummy - which worries me because "they" want babies asleep on their backs. But I think he is fine. He is getting so big. Oh, I how I love him!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay!!! For blogging!!! I feel like you sound just like how I feel- how I love Maddie, about staying home, etc, I told my hubby about your "God not giving us Children to be raised by others" story, and I think it really set home with him. yay for that!!

I feel exactly the same with you about the firsts, everything, Well, welcome to blogging, nice first blog.

Oh, and we didn't find out the sex, and if Maddie had been a boy, we woud have named him Ethan, funny, huh?

Unknown said...

You go BEEP. I new Thumper wasn't about to leave your love without a fight!! I'm with you on devoting time to your family as your top priority. I made what I now feel was a mistake, we sacrificed family time for advancements in our careers. MISTAKE. I guess we were fortunate to have two wonderful Kids who were able to manage much of their youth by themselves while we both worked to secure a financially stable environment for them. We gave up a lot and so did the Kids. Somehow it all worked out, but while we are financially stable now, I sure miss the time we failed to utilize with the both of them while they were Kids. Oh, post video and photos as time permits. Later Babe . . . .Uncle Bob