Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Ethan is sleeping!

Well, in my last post, he was waking up a bunch at night to eat. I am probably jinxing myself by writing this, but he has been sleeping great for the past few nights. Instead of rushing right to him when he stirs in the middle of the night and cries out, I have waited it out and he has just gone back to sleep. It's been great and I have been sleeping so much more, but I am still so tired. Go figure.
I wish something exciting has happened in the last few days, but they have all been pretty routine. There is not much to write about. We haven't been able to go on our walks like we usually do everyday because Atlanta is getting cold! So we have just been hanging out inside the house, but we will have to get outside tomorrow and get some fresh air. I love to get Ethan naked and put him on a towel on the floor and let him roll around. I heard that that was the best way to get them to roll and the day I tried it, he just plopped right over. He just squeals with delight and lays on his round tummy "swimming in the air". He has a little mirror attached to the bottom of his crib that he just stares at himself in. He will smile and talk to himself and I just sit there wondering what he is thinking.
I am still trying to teach Ethan how to eat and he keeps spitting the rice cereal out of his mouth. I am going to try a new food soon. He will probably have a sweet tooth like Mommy. I did give him a carrot stick to suck on tonight for his aching gums and he seemed to enjoy that. For about 2 minutes. :)
I am off to go peek at him in his crib...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha ha, your last line made me laugh!! That is how I feel when I sit and blog about Maddie, I suddenly start to miss her and will go in her room and just watch her sleep. It is the best!! That is awesome about him sleeping more! Rested Mommy=Happy Mommy. And, I know sometimes I felt like I had nothing to blog about, and just had this plain, ordinary life. Then I realized that I LOVED that and that it was a good thing. We are happy our babies are happy and what more can we ask for.

Oh, and about the bumbo, you would not believe how many people emailed me after reading the blog (family and friends who never comment) saying it was recalled, etc. :)

Melissa said...

Hey I put a link to your blog on mine. If you do not want it there, let me know.