I wish he would remember how much he loves me right now. Oz has told me in the past that Ethan is going to tell me he hates me one day. I am sure he is right, but I can really tell he loves his mama right now and I want it to stay that way. Ethan had his 4 month check-up this morning along with 5 vaccinations. He has been screaming his little head off all day. Poor little guy. He isn't feeling well at all. I finally got him to sleep for his nap. It took a lot of yelling (his) and a lot of patience (mine). I finally rocked him to sleep in my arms and he kept sighing that "I'm all cried out" sigh and he was just holding on tight. When Dad & Sarah kept him for an hour the other day, they said he just kept looking all around the room for me. When he sees me, he gets all smiley and waves his little arms at me as if he is saying "hold me". I just want him to love me this much always, just like I will always love him. I know he will be annoyed by me one day, be mad at me and just not want to have much to do with me. I wish I could tell him, "remember when you were a baby and all you wanted was mama?". But of course I can't say that because he won't remember this at all. Only I will.
As for his appointment stats, he is 17.4 lbs and 25 1/2 inches long (95th percentile for everything) and as healthy as can be.
Ethan didn't enjoy Halloween as much as we did. It was his bedtime and he was sleepy. But we did show him off in his turtle outfit. He had his picture made with Logan (Logan was a butterfly Larvae - Meredith was the butterfly) and he also went on a hayride around the neighborhood. We must have 100 kids in the neighborhood. It will be a great place for him to grow up.
I am off to take a nap. I haven't slept more than 3 hours at a time this week because Ethan keeps waking up. Oz is not much help since I am nursing. Oh well, I would never sleep again if I had to do it for him. I love that little booger!
Friday, November 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You keep putting Thumper in outfits like this and he will express his frustration with you soon, real soon. Look at his facial expression. If that sweet face doesn’t pose the question "Why is Mommy mad at me, what did I do to deserve being dressed in a turtle outfit?"
Just remember time will pass and he will be required to account to his peers why he was wearing a turtle outfit. Can you see a ten year old boy with his friends as they sit in the tree house out back bragging about "Mommy used to dress me in a turtle outfit!"?
I’m not sure why Oz would penalize himself by denying himself time with Ethan. Every day missed, every minute, is time that cannot be recovered or recreated. Savor these moments because these moments are the only way to visit Ethan’s yesterday. It is though the memories these moments create that you can relive his presence. Sure, pictures and even video’s can capture the audio and the images, but nothing except your presence can recreate the warmth of him or the the propria persona Ethan himself creates. Later......Bob
he WILL always love you this much.... he just will stop showing/telling you. He will forget from time to time, but he will also remember this once he grows up and has his own child... and epecially again as you get old and get nearer to that "time". (not trying to be morbid)
And despite what Bob says... I LOVE the turtle outfit. :) And I think better than Larvae, so you are OK... but then again, if I had had a boy, stuff like this would have been DJ and my biggest fights.
Post a Comment