Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ba Ba Ba


Ethan is babbling so much. Da da da ba ba ba. I need to try and record it sometime.
He had his 6 month check-up this past week (a week or two late). He weighed 18 lbs and 10 oz. He is now 27 inches long. He went from being in the 95th percentile for weight to the 75th percentile for weight (and height). What if everyone grew 7 inches in 6 months? We would all be huge! It is amazing how fast he is growing.
I told the pediatrician that I think I am ready to wean Ethan, but he recommended me waiting until he is at least a year old. I am considering weaning him from 2 feedings a day and still breastfeeding him morning and night. We'll see.
Speaking of feeding, the doctor recommended milk 4 times a day and solids 3 times a day. Which means that I have dropped one breastfeeding session this week. Every day this week, he has woken up in the middle of the night. It may be out of hunger, so today I will add in one more serving of milk and see if that helps. A couple of times when I have gone in he is sitting up in his crib crying. At first I thought that maybe he just forgot how to lay back down, but now I am thinking he is just hungry.
I am going to post Ethan's schedule. I may want to look back on what he was doing at 6 1/2 months and maybe I will want to reference it when I have baby number two.
(I think we will try for number two later in the summer. We would like to try right now, but my new insurance has a 12 month waiting period. Bummer.)
7:00 wake up and drink milk. Then play.
8:00 breakfast (fruit)
9:00 nap (if I am lucky he will nap for 2 hours max)
~11:00 wake up & drink milk and then play
1:00 lunch (veggie)
2:00-3:00 nap then wake up for milk and playtime.
~5:00 dinner (fruit and veggie)
6:30 bath 7:00 nurse and then bedtime.
I am not sure when I will fit in another milk serving, but I will work on it the next few days.
Above is a pic of Ethan in his overalls. He can wear them on the tractor on the farm! I have such a happy baby. Thank you God!

2 comments:

3LittleFlowers said...

I think it's a great schedule!!! Keep on with the good work!!!

Melissa said...

Happy AND Cute!!! That is pretty much the schedule Maddie is on, except she wakes up between 8:30 and 9:00.

I think DJ and I might start trying again later this summer. Funny, huh, we might have babies around the same time again. But then again, when I am enjoying that glass of wine, or crack open a beer, I think maybe that is kinda soon to not be able to enjoy this again. HaHa!