Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy 7th Month Birthday, Buddy!

Ethan is 7 months-old today! It has been a really good day. His Granddaddy and Sarah drove down to spend some time with him while I ran some errands. (He also got to see Hotmama and Papa on Saturday, so he has got a good dose of grandparent sugar.) We also had Bible study tonight so he got to see Nin and Don. So, I guess he has tripled up on the loving.
Our neighbors daughter, Emma, was at Bible study. She is about 9 years-old. She is Ethan's girlfriend. He is enamored by her. He was crawling all over her and when she put him down, he cried. Nin "snorted" in Ethan's face and he did it right back to her. It was hilarious. We are teaching that boy some good manners!! Haha. (Check out the video.)
Oz is in LA right now. When he calls, I put him on speaker phone so that he can talk to Ethan. Ethan's face lights up when he hears his Daddy's voice. We have been trying to teach him to say "Mama" and "Dada". For the last week, it really sounds as if he has been saying "Mama". The other morning we were laying in bed and both Oz and I thought we heard Ethan calling me over the monitor. Who knows?!? It sure sounded sweet!
Ethan has met so many milestones in 7 months. So far he is doing the wounded army-man crawl. Super-fast, I might add. He can go from one room to the next in no time. We have 3 baby gates put up. One is 10 feet long and our house looks kind of ridiculous. We are having a super-bowl party in a few days and our friends will be confined to the living room! :)
He is also pulling to stand. In fact, now that he knows how to stand, he always wants to do it. However, he can't stand on his own yet. And he has fallen and bonked his head so many times. Ouch!
He has a top tooth coming in. I have been able to feel the edge of it for a couple of days, but I am not officially counting it "in" yet.
Ethan is eating so many different types of foods. Almost all vegetables and fruits. I think his favorite vegetable is pureed avocado that I make for him. His daddy likes it too! Ethan also likes bananas. I feed him the Gerber bananas, but I will also puree fresh ones and he loves frozen bananas in his mesh feeder. But who am I kidding. This boy will eat anything. Just like Mikey. The only thing I am not feeding him yet is jarred baby meat. I bought some, but it is staying in my pantry. It looks kind of gross.
I bought Ethan his first pair of shoes. They are so cute. Oz has a pair that looks just like them, only much larger. I will have to post a pic. They won't stay on Ethan's feet very well like the cute little mocassins that he has. But they are "big boy" shoes and adorable. I have left them laying on the floor because it is so funny to see such small shoes laying around. I am sure I won't be saying that for long.
That's about all for now. Mama's tired.
I love you Ethan. We have a happy family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried sticking your tongue out at him and blowing yet? Might keep him "interested" when you're trying to change his diaper. Eli took to that immediately and, for the longest time, did it back to me every time I put him on his changing table. I'm sure it tickled his lips - he'd just giggle!