Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July Weekend!

So, I am a little late with this post considering today is the 6th of July. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I can't believe this was Ethan's 2nd Fourth of July! He spent the night with my mom without me for the first time on Thursday night. I went over there and got him put to bed and then came home. I had her keep him so that I could do the Peachtree Road Race Friday morning. It is a 10K race and I just walked it with my neighbors. My husband runs in it and this is the first time that I have ever done it. It was so much fun! I think 60,000 people or more did it and the excitement of everyone was awesome. Some people dress so crazy and really make it hysterical. There are bands and dj's playing all along the way and the crowd was handing out baked goods, popsicles and watermelon to the racers. I am definitely doing it again next year, but next time I am going to run in it. I kept wanting to run this past Friday, but my friends were only up for walking. It was a good thing too, because by the time it was over, I probably would have passed out if I had been running. Peachtree Road is the main road through downtown Atlanta and they had the fire hydrants spraying on everyone to cool us off. It is an annual tradition here in Atlanta. So, anyways, my mom had so much fun with Ethan. Oz went to pick him up after the race and Ethan wasn't very excited to see his Daddy. He was having too good of a time at HotMama's. Usually when Daddy is around Ethan is so thrilled!

Yesterday Krysti and I went to the funeral of one of my favorite patients. Sally was so sweet and only wanted to see me for teeth cleanings. I haven't been affected by someone dying in a long time, but I am really sad about her passing. I have known her for 6 years now. In the afternoon, Ethan and I washed my car and Grandpa and Nin's house. We had a lot of fun until Ethan fell and cut his upper lip. He started bleeding and it scared the heck out of me. I would love to buy him a helmet. Last night we had appetizers and drinks with the neighbors. It was fun chilling out with everyone.

This afternoon Ethan and I went to Daddy's work to hang out. Ethan got two little golf clubs for his birthday and we thought we should let him try them out. He totally wasn't interested. What he was interested in was the huge basket of golf balls Oswald had at work and Ethan literally climbed in the basket while saying "Ba" over and over. (That is ball in case you didn't get it.) I worked on my golf swing and after 6 years of Oswald telling me to get my hands down lower, I finally figured out what he was saying. DUH!! Oz signed me up to play in a member-pro tournament in August with him and two of his female students who are awesome players, so I guess I better get to practicing. I have only played golf ONCE in the past 2 years. Yikes.

Oh my gosh, I just realized that I never wrote about Ethan's 12 month check-up. Everything was great. He weighed in at 25 lbs. 13 oz. His height was 32 inches, but the doctor thinks the nurse measured him wrong because that would have made him off the chart in height and so much taller than 3 months ago. The little place in his closet where Oz and I mark off his height every month is a lot higher than it was at 10 months (we forgot to measure him at 11 months). So maybe he did have a huge growth spurt. But he is not fat. He is just so solid. We have tried to give him whole milk, but he keeps spitting it up. What else? He got 3 shots and did fine with them. I am delaying the next round (MMR and Varicella) and dread hearing the doctor say anything bad about that. He is still taking 2 2-hour naps a day and is sleeping a full 12 hours at night, 7 to 7. The boy can sleep, just like his Mommy. When he starts school in September, they will be moving him to one nap a day, but that is only 2 days a week, so I am going to try to keep him on the same nap schedule here until he wants to change it.

What Ethan likes today: Books. He walks around his room with them and loves his nighttime book. Saying "up". Saying "ba". Putting a golf ball in a toilet paper roll.

I will be back to posting again later this week. I want to say thanks to all of my friends who comment. I love reading your comments and realize I have good friends in you all. I haven't had much time lately to read everyone else's blog with the planning of Ethan's party, working and the holiday weekend, but hope to catch up on all of you soon.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

That run (walk) does sound like a lot of fun!! Ethan is such a handsome lil dude! I know what you mean about trying to get back to the norm after parties and such...it seems like it takes forever!! :)

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

I can totally picture Ethan in the bucket of balls, in 7th heaven! My hubby signed me up for a tournement one time and I was not very happy about it. That is just to frustrating of a sport for me.

Welcome to the Mouse House said...

I am so glad to hear that Ethan is doing so well!!!! I am so terrible at golf and maybe he could teach me a thing or two!!!

He is seriously a cutie!~