Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Best Birthday Ever!?

I had a wonderful 34th birthday. I am torn as to whether this one was better than last year. Last year I had a one day old son. What a gift! But, I was also in the hospital and had just had a c-section. This year, I had a great birthday and have a sweet and lively one year old.
My husband told me to sleep in while he got Ethan up for the day, but after lounging around in bed, I decided to get up with them both. The three of us played on the floor and had breakfast until Ethan's morning nap. Oz told me that he and Ethan were taking me out to lunch, so I got in the shower while my in-laws packed the car and got ready to leave. I told them goodbye and the three of us got in the car to go to lunch. Oz asked me where I wanted to go to dinner for my birthday and I told him that I wanted to go to a certain mexican restaurant that I like, because we already had a nice dinner out over the weekend. He told me that we would be going to the mexican restaurant for lunch instead. When we arrived, my whole family was there! And when I say whole family, I mean whole family - including Kim, Eli and Miss Betty, Don and Gwen, and Chris, because they are considered my family also. What is so surprising about this is that there is a reason that it was difficult for every person to be there, and they were all there. My Dad and Sarah and Mom and Buck had just been down to our house the day before for Ethan's party and they had a 2 1/2 hour and 1 hour drive (respectively) each way. Oz's parents really needed to get back to SC for his mom's work. Kim was supposed to be moving to NC and it was well over an hour drive for her and her mom each way (and had been done the day before for Ethan's party as well). Don does not eat out at restaurants and Gwen's son is terminally ill. And Chris could have been working. Everyone wanted to let me know that just because Ethan's birthday was the day before mine, that mine was no-less special. I am still in shock over it all.
After lunch, I had to go to the doctor and Oz kept Ethan. Oz then went to work for awhile and Ethan and I just goofed off with all of his new presents. Wanda came over to babysit and then Oz and I went to our favorite sushi restaurant for dinner. The weather was beautiful and we sat outside. I also got some pretty cool presents, while not important, they are appreciated.
I love my family!

6 comments:

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

Oh man Ceci that brought tears to my eyes! I could tell how happy you were just in reading your post! I'm SO happy that they all made your day just as special as Ethan's. Did Oz plan it? He knew he owed you after MD. Happy birthday again!

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful of your family to celebrate your birthday like that and make you feel special! Happy Birthday!

xoxo

Bridget said...

How fun! I'm glad you had a beautiful birthday!

Nicole said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

The just wanted to make you feel as special as you are!

3LittleFlowers said...

Happy birthday!!

That was really a wonderful day!!!

Melissa said...

Wow! What a wonderful day! Oz did a really good job on the planning of that one! Hooray!!