Yesterday was Ethan's first birthday. It was perfect. He didn't want to take his morning nap - for the first time in a long time. We were late for church because by the time he fell asleep, it was late, so I let him sleep a little longer. Our church had a birthday celebration for Ethan. We are so lucky. How many churches celebrate their members birthdays? We had a sandwich lunch and they bought Ethan a big birthday cake. He loved the cake. There were balloon decorations on the cake and he enjoyed sucking the icing off of them. He got several cards and gifts.
We set up the party area in our yard while he was taking his afternoon nap and my parents came over. Oz's parents arrived Friday and had been here all weekend. We had a 60% chance of rain and the rain held off until late in the evening after everyone left. It was a beautiful day. We set up the kiddie pool and sandbox and grilled out hamburgers and hotdogs. The party was from 4 to 6. The theme was construction. Nin painted a little construction site for Ethan and I set that up on the cake table. Ethan was having so much fun running around and getting so much attention. He finally jumped in the pool and got soaking wet. It never crossed my mind that he would do that, otherwise I may have put him in his swim trunks. After we cut the cake and let Ethan dig into his, everyone came in to watch the video that I made for Ethan. Then we opened gifts. Oz gave Ethan 2 real toddler golf clubs. They are so cute. Now he is going to have to get some lessons to catch up with Cameron. Kim, Chuck and Eli stayed after everyone left to spend time with us. It was a great day.
All in all, it was a really nice weekend. Friday night we went to Bacchanalia and Saturday we got ready for the party. Today is my 34th birthday and Oz, Ethan and I are headed out to lunch soon and we have a sitter so we can go out for dinner tonight.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like you guys had a great time, and I am glad the rain held off until everyone left!
Happy Birthday, big guy!
I can't wait to see photos... I am so glad that it was such a fantastic day:)
I'm so happy you all had such a great day with Ethan!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CECI !!!!
Happy Birthday Ethan!!!
Happy Birthday Ceci!!!!
It sounded like lots of fun and I am shocked that your church does that...
Wow sounds like a really good day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN!!!
When do we get to see photos?
Oh, and Happy (belated) Birthday to you too! How was your dinner night out?
Post a Comment