Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wow - what a week!


First of all, I should have written this last week. On Thursday, May 29th, Ethan took his first steps! We were at Nin and Grandpa's and Ann and Kaden were there. Kaden is a baby girl in my neighborhood that is 5 or 6 months younger than Ethan. Ethan was showing off in front of Kaden like you wouldn't believe. Nin and I were in awe at the way he would crawl super-fast around her and keep going over to her. He even went to give her an open-mouthed kiss. So while he was on a roll, he decided to start walking in front of her. I ran home to get my camera and got his first steps on video.

Later that night, Ethan and I drove to Bluffton to go to Oswald's cousin's wedding. Erin came and kept Ethan at the cottage that we rented and Ethan and Erin love each other, so everyone had a good weekend. Sunday morning, Ethan and I drove back, went to church and then went to Logan's first birthday party. It was so much fun. Logan did a really good job with his smash cake and loved the icing. Until he got it in his eyes. But it was a great party and we had a lot of fun.

I am sending out Ethan's birthday invitations tomorrow. We are going to have a very small party with family and the babies that we know that are Ethan's age. We are inviting Eli, Logan, Avery, Cameron and Aidan. I am going to do a construction truck theme and I bought Ethan a very cute smocked outfit yesterday with construction trucks embroidered on it. Next week, we are getting our portrait made. Hotmama has scheduled a session with the photographer that we used for our engagement photos.

7 comments:

Welcome to the Mouse House said...

Ceci! I am so glad to hear from you and that is so exciting that your Ethan is taking steps! He is so adorable and I love reading your blog!

Melissa said...

OMGoodnesss!!!!!!!!! Look at him. Ceci...he is such a big boy!!! Glad to hear from you!

The Rose Queen said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o)

Welcome to the Mouse House said...

Come on Ceci, I want more photos and more stories... get to work:)

3LittleFlowers said...

Big boy you have there....

Im also wondering from where you ordered that invitation?? Could you email me and let me know... Thanks!

Kari-Anne said...

Hi Ceci .. Just reading up on your blog as I never find time to go on blogs no more ...
Anelys did a great job on your invite
( I am guessing it is her since it looks just like her design ) I love the photos of Ethan .
Hope you are doing ok ..

Kari-Anne

Kari-Anne said...

ohhhh I just noticed Analys asked were you got it . Sorry It looks just like her design so I thought It was hers .