Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ethan's First Swim Lesson

Ethan had his first swim lesson yesterday. It really wasn't much of a lesson. The instructor just wanted the parents to lay the babies on their backs and let them practice kicking in the water. Ethan didn't want anything to do with it. He hates laying on his back. But we let him kick around and float on his tummy. It was fun because there were about 10 other babies all the same age. We played the hokey pokey and we let them practice trying to get out of the pool. He seemed really indifferent about the whole experience. But when we were done and leaving the Y, he was so cheerful. It is almost as if he didn't realize how much fun he was having until it was over. He napped really well afterwards so he must have been worn out. His Grandmama Lil and Pop are here to see him for a few days. They babysat last night while Ethan was sleeping so that we could go have dinner with friends. And I am actually going to go to work the next two days so they (along with Oz) will keep him tomorrow and then they will keep him by themselves Tuesday while Oz flies to LA. I am a little nervous, but we will see how it goes. At least I don't have to leave him often!
The video is of Ethan trying to climb out of the pool. Two other mom's were impressed at how well he was trying to climb out of the pool and wanted to know how old he was. I told them he was 8 months old (he turned 8 months on Friday) and they said, "oh, well ours are just 7 months old". Ah, I guess the competition begins. :(

4 comments:

Nicole said...

It's great that you take him swimming. I wished we would have a nice pool close by.

Anonymous said...

Yes, swimming is such a great thing to start early since floating in our bellies used to be so familiar to our babies. I hope you and Ethan coninue to enjoy it!

Audreee said...

Too cute. He seems dead-set on getting the stuff on the side of the pool. Such focus.

The Rose Queen said...

Swimming already? Fast track kid! Good for you. I saw some of your pics of him in the water on BC too cute!

BTW I think you know that we are doing an ongoing thread on BC for our bloggers. If you'd like to be included in a siggy we are asking that you email Anelys with a picture of you the mom and the names of the los with their birthdate, thanks!!