Thursday, March 27, 2008

Scared sh*tless

Ethan choked yesterday at Nin's house. We were sitting outside and Geoff & Meredith were there with Logan. The boys were crawling all around picking up leaves and acorns and of course, putting everything into their mouths. I was watching like a hawk, but Ethan started choking. Full-on for-real choking. It was awful. I had him upside down hitting his back and finally he started to breathe. I still shudder thinking of it. Meredith sent me home with a prescription to drink a full bottle of wine.

Ethan's favorite things from yesterday: Nin's lime jello, of course Don's mashed-up banana- that is his favorite thing anytime he can get it. And apparently, acorns and leaves.

Favorite thing today: The trampoline! Mama made a discovery today. The perfect playpen! We went to the playground next to my house and hung out on the trampoline by ourselves before lunch and then with Logan in the afternoon. It has a net around it and I took a few of his toys and we enjoyed being out in the 75 degree whether and had a clean place to play. Yay! And then the rest of the neighborhood showed up and we had a mini-party.

1 comment:

Audreee said...

Ooh.. that choking thing is no fun. I think it is so much worse for the parent. I'm glad he's okay.
My kid is always trying to eat apricot pits (we have an apricot tree), which are the perfect size for getting lodged in his throat.