Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ethan is 9 Months Old Today!

Ethan is getting his 7th tooth for his 9 month birthday. It is slowly coming in and he has been only a little bit upset by it.

We went to the pool for his swimming lesson and he pulled himself out of the pool 3 times! He was hanging on the side, pulled himself up and crawled out. Everyone was coming by and saying something to me about how amazing it was. It really was incredible. He is a strong, determined little booger. Oh, we also put our LO's faces under the water really quickly.

What else has happened today? Well, he had a couple of red diapers from the red jello Grandpa Don fed him yesterday. I really hope the red comes out in the wash. But he loved the jello so much that it was probably worth it. Oh yeah, he also has stood on his own for a couple of seconds before crashing down onto his butt.

Slow down Ethan! You are growing up too fast.

I decided yesterday that I am weaning Ethan. Yesterday and today I have eliminated one nursing session and gave him the bottle. He likes a bottle so much more because he can be active and drink at the same time. I have completely pigged out today and I need to cut it out now that I won't be breastfeeding anymore. :( I think I did a good job going 9 months. I honestly didn't think I would make it 6 weeks, but I really think he is self-weaning. He is so disinterested in nursing.

What Ethan loves today 3/29/08: Saying "Hey". Mimicking clucking noises. Flirting with women. His big bouncy ball.

4 comments:

Noratiqah a.k.a Nora said...

Wow,7th tooth! Nailah hasn't got any yet ;)

Audreee said...

Happy nine months, Ethan!!
7 teeth! Barrett has 2...and no others seem close to making an appearance.

The Rose Queen said...

Happy 9 mos!!! I freaked when I read the choking post. Oh how scary. My (at the time) 3yr old choked on a piece of candy but she got it up but I was READY TO GO! Thank God I didn't have to. Thank God that Ethan is alright! BTW I love the pics of him on the tractor!!

Melissa said...

Happy 9 Months Ethan!! :)

I love the idea of what Ethan loves! You are going to like that in the future!

Glad to hear things are going well!