Thursday, May 22, 2008

5/22/08

Wow, I haven't posted in a while. I need to catch up with my blog and with everyone else's. Ethan is doing great. He will be 11 months old next week. Wow!! We have had a busy couple of weeks. Ethan has been dancing a lot - every time music comes on. It is the cutest thing to watch. He will just bounce. His little bum and legs look so cute from behind.

Last week, on about 5/13/08, Ethan stood up on his own. He didn't use anything to pull up on. He did it once and then a few more times the next day.

Kim and Eli came over on Tuesday. We had the best time watching a bulldozer and dump truck work in the neighborhood. The boys were entranced with them. They both love trucks so much. We also went to the park and Kim and I took Eli down the slide. The last time I took Ethan down the big slide, he got scared, so I will wait awhile on that one again.

I have decided for Ethan's first birthday party that I am going to have a car or truck theme. Ethan loves wheels. He will scoot anything across the floor and make vroom sounds. I have no idea how he got this fascination with cars. He is his own person!

I have had to work a lot this week. I sure have missed Ethan. Wanda was here with him today and she tickled him so much that he was laughing with no sound coming out. I was cracking up watching it.

What Ethan loves today: Dancing, throwing his food on the floor, ignoring me when I say "no" and laughing at me, being held - A LOT, his pi-pi, giving me sugar (he just giggles when he does this), hanging out at Don & Gwen's and scooting their chairs all over the driveway, the box house Don made, scooting any furniture across the floor, playing outside, clapping his hands, handing me food that is on his tray and then taking it back. Um, that's about all for now.

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments on my Mother's Day. I was so sad. Love ya'll!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you sound so much happier in this post! Your Ethan sounds so adorable. I love the image of him dancing and laughing without sound. Babies are so wonderful! You are a lucky mommy :)

Jer said...

Ellianna just started laughing when she gets tickled and it is so cute. I remember when she used to do the same thing, if we tickled her she would have her mouth wide open but no sound came out.

My youngest son was really into cars and trucks at this age too, and I had a hard time finding him things for his party. I ended up doing a Bob the Builder theme because of the tractors and bulldozers. As long as they had wheels, he was happy. I hope you have an easier time finding party supplies. Good luck!

Bridget said...

Yay Ethan for standing! They just get too big too fast! I love dancing babies it is the cutest thing!

3LittleFlowers said...

Way to go on standing!!!

And I love the *wheels* idea for a party... I wont be able to have one, at least for a child of mine, but who knows? maybe I can make some pink wheels one day.. LOL... Cars, trucks, so much fun!

Justi said...

You've been tagged. Check my blog for what you need to do. :)

Justi (a fellow June 07' mom)

The Rose Queen said...

I am glad that you are sounding happy! Al does the dancing thing too. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Loved today’s blog . . . . It sounds like BEEP and Thumper both enjoyed this week. Maybe it’s because we are coming up on Memorial Day and into early summer. Maybe it’s because you had just a few more minutes of "Ethan Time" this week, it doesn’t really matter, whatever the reason the results are obvious. I’m sure Thumper will go through many phases and changes over the next few hot summer months, and when Christmas does finally get here this year he will give you more memories than you can dream possible. This year he is going to be big enough to communicate verbally, maybe not in the Kings English, but you will know from the facial expression and the positive/negative choppy sentences whether his world is filled with joy or filled with frustration. If Ethan’s environment ever becomes such that it can support a dog (and I’m talking DOG) for him to wrestle and romp with, that will a memory that will last him a lifetime. I hope he gets a few minutes of either or both the INDY 500 or the World 600 today. And make sure he sees lots of Danica Patrick, that should provide something additional to that wonderful imagination when he is playing (vroom vroom car racing) with his toys.