Saturday, May 3, 2008

My First Weekend Away From Ethan

I just spent my first night without Ethan. And I have to do it again tonight. Oz and I are in the Highlands for a wedding and he is staying at my Dad's house. I don't know how people do this. I don't think I want to be away from him again. I was looking forward to sleeping in today and I slept until 9:00. Woo Hoo! But, I still miss him like crazy and I want to see his little smiling face. The worst part is that Thursday night (night before last), he spent the majority of the night vomiting. I fed him baby food spaghetti and I think the tomato sauce aggravated his reflux. The poor little fellow just couldn't stop throwing up. It was awful. So, last night and this morning I kept dreaming of him throwing up. I even had a dream that he was about 6 years old throwing up. As soon as we wake up in the morning, we are heading back to my Dad's to get him. I can't wait. I don't know how Oswald travels so much and leaves him. My heart would break.

6 comments:

Kari-Anne said...

Hi

I just want to tell you it does get better :o) I hate leaving my babies also - but when they are abit older I like it more because I can talk to them on the phone and they know you are coming back . When they are this little it is horrible - I agree with you so much . I have not left Annalisa overnight yet because we don't have anyone to leave her with ha ha . But last summer we went away with my parents and she stayed in their hotel room one nigth (right beside us lol ) so I could sleep .
I hope you enjoy your evening and can relax :o)
Thanx for the coment on my blog ... I should get rid of the dam scale lol

Hugs
K-A

3LittleFlowers said...

Awwww (((((BIG HUG)))) to you.... Im know it's hard, but I agree with Kari-Anne... It will get better with the time... I promise!!

Melissa said...

Aw, I totally know what you mean. I have spent some nights away from Maddie, and well, you just feel like a part of you is missing. I am right there with you about the traveling. One time DJ was gone 3 weeks straight. My heart would just be broken if I had to do that.... hence why I stopped working... or at least one of the reasons.

Nicole said...

It's weird for me to leave Soren just for an hour, because I am not used to it, but the kids are doing fine without us, too, for a little while. They know we love them.

Just give him an extra big hug when you are back home.

The Rose Queen said...

I know what you mean but honestly I can't wait to get away!!! I hope that his tummy takes it better, I love speg.

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

I remember with your first one those nights away take forever, but after the third one you are ready for a break. Hang in there it will get better.