Sunday, May 11, 2008
My First Mother's Day
Well, I am kind of disappointed with my first Mother's Day. I had been looking forward to this day for a long time. I know Ethan can't show me appreciation yet, but I thought it would be more special. Not that everyday isn't special with Ethan. I just thought I would be appreciated as the mother of Oz's son. I didn't get a gift and I didn't even get to sleep in. That was the one thing I asked for out loud - a chance to sleep in. Oswald slept in and then we went to church and my mom took us out to lunch. I did buy myself a pedicure and enjoyed spending time with my mom. I love her so much. I hope Ethan loves me that much. My mom made me my favorite cake and I am enjoying that while I am typing. Other than that I just want to cry. Oswald told me last week that he was going to play golf today and maybe he is upset with me for asking him not to play golf on Mother's Day. I am trying to hold back the tears. I think I will go to bed early because I am exhausted from holding my head high and keeping a cheerful face when I am hurting. I did enjoy myself with my mother and my son though! Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Men I tell ya! They just don't get it! I am sorry you are sad, just think about when Ethan can color you pictures and make you little presents...that's special!
Hi :o)
You know I am so sad for you . I was thinking of you on mothers day and I was really hoping your husband would show you some love from your son ( as he is to small to do it himself )
I sure hope you had a good day today :o)
Hugs always
K-A
What comes around, goes around . . .
Need I post my name? :-)
Awwwwwwwww..... Im really really sorry... Some men just dont get these little things...
Wait for those Mother's Day presentations at preschool... That will be just enough!!
OH girl!!! I understand!!! I am sorry. Wth is wrong with him! You deserved a great gift even if it was small. You are one of the kindest internet people I've ever typed with. It is law in my house the dh does not let me sleep in but I bf so there is no reason that you couldn't!
Oh Ceci BIG ((((HUGS))))!!
I guess his father's day will consist of the same for him.
I am sorry you didn't have a good time for Mother's Day but in no time, like Bridget said, Ethan will be picking you flowers and drawing his own cards, and THAT will be fulfilling and beautiful.
i meant to comment on this earlier but i feel so bad for you ceci!!!! i don't understand why he could just do something that you wanted for one day.... sometimes men are just stupid and do stupid things!!!!
Aww Ceci... I am sorry. I saw your post on BBC and I hope it helps that I was thinking of you all day long that day! I just know that when Ethan gets older he will make Mother's Day very special for you. Cause he will know what a wonderful Mother you are! Hugs!
Post a Comment