Keep in mind that just because he's only taking one nap a day, it doesn't mean he's only sleeping his normal 2 hours. Eli's one nap a day is usually for 2.5 or 3 hours - sometimes he'll even go 4 hours! But at school, he usually sleeps for only 1.5 hours (maybe 2). Seems like when I moved him to one nap I did it in incriments - he went down 15 minutes later for a couple of days, then 30 minutes later, and so on. He too didn't sleep long enough in the beginning, but eventually caught on. And there have been a couple of times in the last year that he still was so grumpy (or maybe it was me) that I reverted to a two nap day (but woke him from his first nap after 2 hours). Does all that make sense? I remember it taking some adjustment on my part too. How would I ever get anything done if he only took one nap?! Now, it works better because as soon as I put him down I get some things done, and then have time for a little ciesta myself on occasion. Another thought - even if Ethan's not actually asleep, he's still resting. My lil' hurricane does this too every once in a while. And I like listening to him when he's in his bed and playing with and making noises at a stuffed animal or car that he's taken to bed with him. Those sounds are like therapy for me and help me relax and unwind (and reassures me that I have actually accomplished raising a happy and content child). Eli's Mommy
I have found that with Cooper some days he is good with one nap but somedays he is sucha crab so I go ahead and put him down again. Do what works for you both.
6 comments:
Keep in mind that just because he's only taking one nap a day, it doesn't mean he's only sleeping his normal 2 hours. Eli's one nap a day is usually for 2.5 or 3 hours - sometimes he'll even go 4 hours! But at school, he usually sleeps for only 1.5 hours (maybe 2). Seems like when I moved him to one nap I did it in incriments - he went down 15 minutes later for a couple of days, then 30 minutes later, and so on. He too didn't sleep long enough in the beginning, but eventually caught on. And there have been a couple of times in the last year that he still was so grumpy (or maybe it was me) that I reverted to a two nap day (but woke him from his first nap after 2 hours). Does all that make sense? I remember it taking some adjustment on my part too. How would I ever get anything done if he only took one nap?! Now, it works better because as soon as I put him down I get some things done, and then have time for a little ciesta myself on occasion.
Another thought - even if Ethan's not actually asleep, he's still resting. My lil' hurricane does this too every once in a while. And I like listening to him when he's in his bed and playing with and making noises at a stuffed animal or car that he's taken to bed with him. Those sounds are like therapy for me and help me relax and unwind (and reassures me that I have actually accomplished raising a happy and content child).
Eli's Mommy
LOL LOL LOL about the naps! I totally get that! :o)
I guess if your name is Ethan then you are destined to be cute! 'Cause yours and Hayley's are so adorable!
I loved your pics!
Those are really fun days LOL!!
I totally hear you on the nap situation! Ugh... I can't stand that and I hope we figure it out soon!
LOL!! LOL!
I have found that with Cooper some days he is good with one nap but somedays he is sucha crab so I go ahead and put him down again. Do what works for you both.
Post a Comment