I miss my baby! Ethan is staying with his Grandaddy and Grandma Sarah right now. I took him yesterday and they are going to bring him back to me on Wednesday. When I left him, he wanted nothing to do with me. He was on Grandaddy's mule and was too busy trying to honk the horn and "steer". He didn't even acknowledge my goodbye! I admit, it is nice having a break. Both boys are gone from the house and I have it all to myself.
This past Friday, we went to Mom's so she could keep Ethan while I shopped a little. She said Ethan kneeled down and peeked for me out the "doggie door". So cute! Thanks HotMama for Ethan's new clothes!
The funniest thing just happened. The doorbell rang and four neighborhood girls (ranging in age from 4 to 8) were asking if Ethan could come out and play. I had to tell them that he wasn't home but to come back Wednesday. Haha! I think it is hilarious that the girls wanted to play with my little man! He would have loved that. He was outside chasing 2 of them yesterday before we left.
So here is another poll that was on BBC. I am copying it for my keepsake.
Is your Juner:
eating with a fork? Yes, but most things fall off before they reach his mouth.
eating with a spoon? Yes, he does better with a spoon than a fork, but we still have the problem of food falling off.
fingers only? Still eats with these too.
Favorite foods: Cheese, yogurt, waffles, willy's, nilla wafers, oh, just about anything.
Foods LO dislikes: Won't eat avocado anymore. Tomato sauce made him throw up, so I haven't given him that since then.
Favorite toy: Not one in particular. Loves his car stroller/buggy, balls, mama's keys, stuffed panda "Mei Lan".
Favorite person: Mama and Daddy
words that only you understand: Buh (bird). I understand this only because he says it when there is a bird around.
words that others can understand: Ball, bye-bye, Mama (rarely says), up. This isn't a word, but whenever he sees a truck or car in real life or in a book, he says "brrrm brrrm".
is your LO a climber? Oh yeah. Loves to climb on furniture.
does your LO have a lot of hair? Nope, still sporting a mullett. Oz and I aren't ready to cut it yet.
Stats: height/weight: Not sure. Was 25 lbs 13 oz at 12 month appt. and 33 inches
How many teeth? 9. His LR molar just came through and I see the tip of his LR canine.
Do they like tv? Doesn't really watch it. He was watching Olympic diving and said "whoa!" every time someone took a dive
What show(s)?
Do they like music? Yes
Favorite songs? If you're happy and you know it clap your hands, the "counting" song on his laugh & learn playhouse "counting, counting, counting is such fun, count with me, let's start with number one".
Are they a dancer? Yes. He has just started doing this dance where he is actually just running in place
Do they have a temper? Yes, the world revolves around Ethan, or so he thinks, and he is unhappy when things aren't going his way, like when I bring him in from outside.
Do they throw things? Yes
Do they hit? Yes. And spits too. He thinks this is funny. Especially when we tell him "no".
Do they have tantrums? Yes, but they don't last long.
What do you do to stop the tantrum? Divert his attention.
What do they do on a daily basis to make you laugh? His laughter, him copying us, dancing/running in place, spitting (even though I don't let him see me laugh).
Do they like to wear shoes or barefeet? Both. I just bought his first real pair of shoes and he was so proud of them.
Do they like to be outside? LOVES being outside. He tries to open the front door to get out.
Anything else you want to tell about or brag about? He can't communicate very well, but he can do just about anything we ask him to. Like "get the ball under the chair" or "give Mama a kiss", "blow your nose" (this is very funny), "bring Mama your shoes", "sit down", "lay down", etc. Also, it is a rare day when someone doesn't comment on what a happy baby he is.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hahahah! I can't believe those girls came looking for Ethan!!!! I bet you are going to have to deal with lots of that during high school!!!
I bet you miss him so badly right now, but enjoy your "time off!"
I love the mental image I have of Ethan running in place. That's so cute! :)
Ahhhh . . . you have entered the fun stage! I loved this time for Eli. Ethan now knows just enough to be fun, but not yet enough to be "deceiptful." Enjoy the next couple of months. Deceipt is just around the corner! ;-)
Eli's Mommy
P.S. - Thanks for setting up a blog for Eli! I'll get started on it when we return from vacation.
Post a Comment