Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Birthday HotMama!

Today is my Mom's birthday. Ethan and I went to have lunch with her and Papa and Jean. Ethan said "Papa" for the first time. He made a huge mess with the chinese food and the waitress would not leave us alone. She basically stood by Ethan during the whole lunch and it was really annoying. I know my son is cute and fun, but she knew we were having a birthday celebration. I am pretty tolerant about things, but it was getting on my nerves. As I was putting the lid on the jar of banana pudding HotMama brought for Ethan, she even took it out of my hands and fed him the rest of it! I know she was just having fun with Ethan and so I couldn't say anything. We also went to see Vickie after lunch, but I don't think she was feeling so great, so we left after a couple of minutes. I wish that there were fireworks and lots of excitement for Mom, but there just wasn't. And my phone battery went dead and that is what I was intending to use as a camera. Geez. Mom, if you read this, Happy Birthday again! We love you so much and I am so proud you are my mother. You are a wonderful role model. You have taught me so much about compassion for all living things and I thank you for that with all of my heart and soul. That is the best lesson you have taught me.
On another note, Gwen's son Michael died today. He has been suffering tremendously with cancer. We knew he wouldn't make it much longer. I woke up at 6:04 a.m. and thought immediately that Michael died. I called Gwen this morning around 8:30 and sure enough, she told me Michael died. Thankfully she was with him at 4:30 a.m. when he went home. The hospice nurse came and pronounced him dead at 6:03. I believe a spirit of some kind just let me know this morning. Just like when my cat Brother went missing. Oz and I adopted 2 cats a couple of weeks after we got married. We named them Sister and Brother and then the nicknames Sissy and Bubba just happened. It took us 3 years to get pregnant with Ethan and these cats were my babies, filling a void for me for the family I wanted so badly. They act just like dogs and fetch and follow us down the street, etc. Bubba went missing one day and I was hysterical. I cried for MONTHS over him and searched miles for him. Psycho searched for him. I totally went crazy. I still have no idea what happened to him (thankfully I still have Sissy and she is still another baby to me), but having no closure is the worst feeling. My Uncle Bob has a grandson named Sean that had a stuffed animal named after Bubba, my cat. He told me the day that Bubba went missing, Sean stopped calling his stuffed animal Bubba. He said "no more Bubba" or something to that effect. Again, I think something was trying to tell me that Bubba was dead. I don't know. Whoever reads this may think I am weird, but I am weird, so you're right! :)
That's all for today.

No comments: