This has been a hectic week. We transitioned Ethan to one long nap a day instead of two naps. He was just starting to struggle going to sleep. He would lay there and talk to himself for an hour before he would fall asleep. Although he wasn't crying, I just thought it was pointless for him to lay there so long without actually being asleep. I know the rest was good for him, but when he starts school in September, they will have him on one nap a day, so Oz and I thought it was a good time to start at home. He still isn't getting enough sleep. He is rubbing his little eyes late in the morning and before bed, but what else could we do?
I can't wait for him to start school. He is going 2 days a week and the facility is awesome. They even start teaching the children a foreign language. He has a long way to go there considering he can't even speak English yet, (haha!!), but the idea of it is really neat.
It has been so long since I have written, I am having a hard time thinking of what's been going on. I want to write as much as I can so that Ethan will have some neat things to read later on, but the past few days have been a blur. Oz has been taking Ethan to the daycare at the gym every day that he has been keeping Ethan. Some days are better than others. When Ethan misses him and starts crying, the daycare attendees will go get Oz so that he can pick Ethan up. Last Saturday Oz said he was watching Ethan through the glass and he was having a big time, running around and going up to all of the "big" kids. But as soon as he saw his Daddy, he started crying. It sounded really cute. A couple of days this month we have gone to Don & Gwen's and let Ethan play in the yard with the water hose. He has such good old-fashioned fun over there.
In one of the pictures I have posted, Ethan is holding his favorite stuffed animal. Her name is Mei Lan. She is a panda that the Atlanta Zoo sent to Mom because of the bamboo that she donates to the zoo for the panda's food. Ethan loves Mei Lan.
What Ethan likes today: Walking around with his blanket over his head, books, he still loves his bottle and pacifier (!), harassing Mani, our cat, walking up the steps - except I guess you would call it "crawling up the steps".
I am posting the following schedules in case I ever need to reference for future children I may have. I am not sure where else I will write it and be able to find it. Who knows, I may wonder when Ethan went down to one nap a day, etc and Lord knows I won't be able to remember. Up until this week, Ethan's schedule was:
7:00 am wake-up, bottle
8:00 breakfast
9:00 nap
11:00 wake-up, sippy cup
1:00 lunch
2:00 nap
4:00 wake-up, bottle
5:30 dinner
6:30 bath, bottle, reading time
7:00 bed
For this new schedule, I am still playing around with meal times:
7:00 wake-up, bottle
7:30 breakfast
11:00 lunch
11:30 nap
2:30 wake-up (hopefully he will continue to sleep this long), snack, milk
5:30 dinner
6:30 bath, bottle, reading time (My favorite time of the day - Snuggle time!!!)
7:00 bed.
3 comments:
That picture of him snuggling Mei Lan is so stinkin' adorable!!!
What adorable pics!!! =). I like the background chage for your page. It's "Crafty" xD
Aww, he is a doll! I am trying to transition Maddie to a one nap schedule too. It has been pretty hard, and I am not sure I like it. It limits when I can go out and about!
Post a Comment