Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Playing catch-up

Oh, I haven't written in so long. I am going to have to write the condensed version because otherwise it will be too long for anyone to read.

Friday the 7th was Great-Grandpa Don's birthday. He turned 78! Ethan and I went over to his house because Gwen threw him his first birthday party ever (yes, his first, poor thing!). They are so good for each other! That night, Oz and I went to a dinner party at J & Louise's house and took Ethan with us (Kristina & Wade were there also). I was so nervous because we have a set bedtime routine for Ethan and follow it pretty strictly. I had no idea what would happen. I nursed him a little bit and then I put him to sleep in their pack-n-play. Around 11 o'clock I went in to wake him and put him in his carseat. He talked to himself the whole way home and was wide awake. I put him to bed immediately and he went right to sleep for the whole night. I was so scared that our night out would throw a loop in his "sleeping through the night" schedule. But woohoo!! It worked and Oz and I had a blast. We had a nice dinner, great wine and the 6 of us played a really fun game called Apples to Apples.

Saturday was pretty routine. Oz left to go out of town on his boys trip for golfing and hunting. I hate hunting!! But I won't start my animal rights speech here.

Sunday we had our Christmas dinner at church and Mom & Buck came to join us. There was some really good food there. Sunday night, Ethan & I went to the Christmas program at Gwen's church. I put Ethan in the nursery for the first time. (Our church is so small there is no nursery.) I worried about him a little bit, but knew he was in good hands. When we went down to pick him up, he was crying. But that is probably becuase it was 8:00 (past his bedtime) and because HIS FIRST TOOTH POPPED THROUGH! I don't know if I should be excited or not. I am glad it came through so maybe it won't hurt him as much, but I just love his toothless grin and am going to miss it! Time is going by too fast!

No comments: